Topics discussed at the Think Tank for the Intersection of Linguistic Research and Augmentative and
Alternative Communication (AAC). Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. August 8-9, 2011
Carol Tenny, Co-Chair
- Introduction and Welcome.
Katya Hill, Co-Chair; University of Pittsburgh
Eric Nyberg; Carnegie Mellon University
Chris Klein; Clay Vessel, Inc.
- From the point of view of the AAC speaker.
Lyle Lloyd; Purdue University
- A linguistic research track at ISAAC 2012.
Session 2: Language and Modality
Judy Shepherd-Kegl; University of Southern Maine
- Questions relating ASL and AAC.
Session 3: NeuroLinguistics and Psycholinguistics
William Idsardi; University of Maryland
- What can we do with neuro-linguistics? Some background.
Carol Tenny, Katya Hill
Tom Kovacs; University of Pittsburgh
- Keystroke analysis of morphology produced on an AAC system.
Session 4: Language Acquisition
Helen Stickney; University of Pittsburgh
- What can we ask about Language Acquisition and AAC?
Monika Ortloff; University of Cologne
- Lennart: Insights into the language acquisition process from a German boy communicating with an AAC device.
|The Intersection of Linguistic Research
and Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)